Overturning A "No Bail" Decree To A Bail Decree: What The Results Might Be

About Me
Importance of Keeping Great Personal Finance Records

Hello, my name is Joshua Phillips. My site will cover the importance of keeping great financial records for your personal money management needs. When I started this journey toward financial independence, I had to learn how to write up excellent records for my later review. As I created these documents, I learned more than I ever imagined about the state of my finances. My site will help you learn how to establish a financial record book of your own and keep it updated on a daily basis. I welcome you to visit my site every day to learn all you can about this money management topic. Thanks.


Overturning A "No Bail" Decree To A Bail Decree: What The Results Might Be

10 July 2019
 Categories: Finance & Money, Blog

On occasion, a judge may rule that no bail is allowed. This may prove to be a financially difficult ruling for any family who only has one spouse working, and that one person was just denied bail. You can attempt to have this ruling overturned, but there are about three or four ways this would turn out. While you wait for a lawyer to help your spouse change the "no bail" decree, you should work towards getting a bail bondsman just in case the new decree turns out as any of the following. 

Change to Cash Bail Only

A judge who was set on decreeing that your family member should not be released at all may change his/her mind for a "cash bail bond only" decree. This means that you might be able to secure a bail bondsman's service, but you can only use cash to get your spouse released. Since the only breadwinner is in jail, you are going to have to do some major financing and monetary wheeling and dealing to get enough cash together to secure the bond agent's help and get your spouse out. 

Change to Really High Bail Amount

If the judge changes his/her mind on the bail decree, the amount might be extraordinarily high. He/she can do this if he/she feels that the charges against your spouse warrant a high enough bail amount to prevent your spouse's release from jail. You can still release your spouse, but you will need ten percent of that high bail amount plus another ten to twenty percent to secure the bond agent's services. If you own a home, the amount you need may have to come from a second mortgage on the house just to cover the expenses and the ten percent of the high bail amount set. 

Change to Bail and House Arrest (Which May Not Help You Much)

The last option the judge may choose, should he/she change his/her mind about bail, is to set the bail amount at a reasonable amount, but then place your spouse on house arrest. It means that your spouse would have to wear a tracking ankle bracelet and he/she would not be allowed to leave your home under any circumstances. If you are attempting to get the "no bail" decree overturned because you need your spouse to go back to work, then this new decree may not help you much. However, you would be able to afford the bail amount and bail bond agent's services, and your spouse could at least make phone calls to his/her employer to see what can be done about work, paid time off, etc.

For more information on bail, visit a website like https://www.bradsbailbonds.com.